This is a 2 day Standard First Aid with CPR-C Red Cross course.
Participants will Learn:
- How to respond to child care emergency first aid situations and activate the EMS system
- Check, Call, Care—the 3 basic steps to follow in any emergency
- Airway, breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
The course includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines and meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
Pre-requisite: No Prerequisites
Course Length: 16 hrs
Certification: 3-year certification in Standard First Aid. An electronic certification will be issued by Red Cross upon completion.
- 100% attendance
- Skills demonstration
- 75% minimum passing grade on written exam
- Participants must be 16 years of age to be certified and be in good health and physical condition.
- Participants must provide instructor with valid ID.
- Participants must prepay to secure a seat in course.
For private groups of 8 or more please contact email@example.com for available dates.